The Koho credit card makes it easier to manage daily expenses. The easy-to-use features of the card make it a smart choice for managing your money. Using a Koho credit card to pay for your daily expenses is a smart idea.
Let’s examine why the Koho credit card is an excellent choice for paying your daily expenses.
Key Features of Koho Credit Card
- Cashback Rewards Program: Earn 1% cashback rewards on groceries and transportation services and 0.5% on all other purchases. Also, you can earn up to 5% cash back on purchases with select merchants. Moreover, you don’t have to wait for your payout. The cashback rewards you earn are instantly credited to your KOHO Prepaid Mastercard balance. KOHO’s reward structure is impressive for a prepaid card and ranks among the best in Canada. Based on average yearly spending by Canadians, Forbes Advisor estimates potential cashback earnings of around $139.26 annually (calculated with the 0.5% cash back rate).
- Less Foreign Transaction Fees: Pay a foreign exchange fee of 1.5% on all international purchases. Other fees include a $10 card replacement fee and a $2.50 ATM withdrawal fee.
- Real-time Spending Insights through the App: The mobile app provides real-time insights into your spending habits. Download the app via Google Play Store or App Store to track your expenses on the go, set budget goals, and control your finances more effectively.
- Seamless Integration with Mobile Wallets: The Koho credit card offers seamless integration with popular mobile wallet platforms like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. With your card stored on your phone, you can make quick and secure payments with just a tap, eliminating the need to carry a physical card.
- Contactless Payment Options: The card’s contactless payment feature simplifies your transactions. You can complete purchases swiftly and securely by tapping your card or mobile device on a compatible payment terminal. It also enhances hygiene, as there’s no need to physically hand over your card or enter a PIN.
- Online Account Management: The Koho credit card offers robust online account management tools. The card’s website or mobile app lets you quickly review your transactions, track your spending, set up alerts, make payments, and manage your account preferences. This allows you to conveniently stay on top of your finances wherever you are.
Benefits for Everyday Spending
The Koho credit card offers a range of advantages that make it the best credit card for your daily expenses:
- One of its main tasks is to manage expenses. By tracking your purchases, it shows you where your money is going. This can greatly help with budgeting and ensuring you’re not overspending.
- It is user-friendly, so you don’t have to be a financial expert to use it. You can navigate it effortlessly, regardless of whether you’re tech-savvy.
- If you refer your friends to KOHO, you both get a $20 bonus, up to $1,000.
Budgeting and Saving with the KOHO app
- The smart, feature-rich KOHO app that provides up-to-the-minute balance updates
- It automatically categorizes your transactions into different spending categories, helping you visualize where your money is going and contributing to effective budgeting.
- This insight empowers you to set realistic budgets for various expense categories and make informed adjustments.
Thus, Koho credit card equips you with the tools to manage your budget. It helps you in setting and tracking your goals more efficiently.
Eligibility Criteria for Koho Credit Card
The eligibility criteria for the Koho credit card generally include several factors that the issuer considers to assess your suitability for the card. While specific requirements can vary based on the issuer’s policies and the region you’re in, here’s a more detailed breakdown of the typical eligibility criteria:
- Age: You must be of legal age in your jurisdiction, usually 18 or 19 years old.
- Residency: You typically need to be a resident of the country where the Koho credit card is offered.
- Identification: You’ll need a valid government-issued identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Income Requirements: Most credit cards have a minimum income requirement to ensure that you have the means to make timely repayments. The income threshold can vary significantly based on the type of card and the issuer’s policies.
- Credit History: Your credit history plays a crucial role. A good credit score demonstrates responsible borrowing behavior and increases your chances of approval. Some issuers may offer different card options based on your credit score, such as standard cards, premium cards, or secured cards.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio: Some issuers consider your debt-to-income ratio, which compares your monthly debt payments to your monthly income. A lower ratio is generally more favorable.
- Employment Information: Providing details about your employment, including your job title, employer’s name, and duration of employment, can be part of the eligibility assessment.
- Banking Information: Some issuers may ask for information about your banking history, including your existing accounts and financial behavior.
- Responsible Financial Behavior: Demonstrating responsible financial behavior, such as timely bill payments and stable income, can enhance your eligibility.
- Legal Status: You must have the legal capacity to enter a credit agreement.
It’s important to note that eligibility criteria can evolve, and different issuers might have unique requirements. Before applying, carefully review the Koho credit card’s eligibility criteria to ensure you meet the necessary qualifications.
Remember, meeting the eligibility criteria doesn’t guarantee approval, but it increases your chances of being approved for the card.
How to Apply for the Koho Credit Card
Applying for the Koho credit card involves a series of typically straightforward steps. While the exact process might vary based on the issuer’s policies and your region, here’s a general outline of how to apply for the card:
- Research and Preparing: Visit the official Koho website or download their mobile app to learn about the credit card’s features, benefits, and terms. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria outlined by the issuer.
- Online Application: Navigate to the “Apply Now” or “Get Started” section on the website or app. Fill out your basic personal and financial information. Some issuers may ask for additional financial information to assess your ability to manage credit.
- Identification and Verification: You may need to provide a copy of your government-issued identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, to verify your identity.
- Review and Submit: Carefully review the application form to ensure accuracy. Some issuers may allow you to save your progress and complete the application later.
- Wait for Approval: After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for a response from the issuer. This may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.
- Credit Check: The issuer will likely perform a credit check to evaluate your creditworthiness and assess your risk as a borrower.
- Approval and Card Delivery: If your application is approved, you’ll receive a notification. Your Koho credit card will be prepared and sent to your specified mailing address.
- Activation: Once you receive the card, follow the activation instructions provided by the issuer. This might involve calling a designated number or activating the card through the issuer’s app or website. Once activated, your Koho credit card is ready to use for in-store and online purchases.
It’s crucial to note that while these steps provide a general guideline, the exact process may vary based on the issuer’s procedures and the specific region you’re in.
Always review the issuer’s instructions carefully and provide accurate information during the application process to ensure a smooth and successful application for your Koho credit card.
The Koho credit card is an ideal credit card for couples/ individuals seeking a seamless and rewarding way to manage their everyday spending.
Koho credit card is an excellent choice for optimizing your day-to-day financial activities. Consider the Koho credit card as your partner in achieving better control over your finances and enjoying the perks and rewards of convenient and rewarding spending.
Q. Is KOHO a real bank?
A. KOHO is a Canadian fintech firm that offers banking services, operating under a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. While not a bank itself, the company provides various financial solutions.
Q. Is KOHO a valid credit card?
A. KOHO functions similarly to a debit card but operates on the MasterCard network.
Q. Is KOHO credit card free?
A. Yes, enjoy the benefit of not paying any fees for services.
Q. Is KOHO an international credit card?
A. Yes, you can use it as a global payment method, which is accepted by tens of millions of merchants in over 200 countries around the world.
Q. Is KOHO accepted in the USA?
A. The KOHO card is usable in the US. For those who frequently engage in cross-border shopping, exploring the paid KOHO plans is advisable. With KOHO Extra and KOHO Everything, foreign exchange fees are waived, plus there’s an added benefit of earning 2% cash back on categories like groceries, bills, and services, as well as dining expenses.
Q. Can I use KOHO at an ATM?
A. Individuals can withdraw cash from an ATM using their physical KOHO card.
You will be charged a $2-3 out-of-network fee to use an ATM (KOHO doesn’t own any ATMs for free withdrawals).